Saturday, May 26, 2007

Catching up...

It has been awhile since I've actually posted anything on my blog. Sometimes it is just more fun to read about other than try to put my life into words. It is all just so very random.

Since my last post life has been moving along at a frenzied pace. The boys seem like they get noticeably more grown up everyday. They are both getting to be such nice boys, however I miss the "littleness". I'm glad Scotty still has some of that left for a bit anyway.

I ran the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on the 20th. My time was a bit slower than I wanted; it was a good wake up call for me to get back to running after my little mini vacation from the activity. It was a perfect day for the race and the turn out was great about 4000 in body or spirit raced. They had all sorts of vendors there giving away all sorts of cool things. Ford was there with their Ford Cares Warrior Scarves. New Balance was there with their laces and pin not to mention a great give away. Coldwater Creek had a booth set up also with some really neat things however the line was large and I wanted to get to the starting line so I did not check it out up close. The best thing I got at the race aside from the feeling of gratefulness for a healthy body was this really awesome key chain. From the I AM THE CURE booth. The circles on the key chain represent the average size lumps detected in different methods of examination. The largest circle being about the size of a 50 cent piece and representing the average size lump found by accident. It really drove the point home of how very important early detection is.

After the race I came home and putting a regular running schedule into place and I have stuck to it, it really feels good to be back at it and my body is responding well. Kind of like well what took you so long.

Next weekend is another race and I'm entered into the 10k and looking very forward to it, I will post more about it later right now I have to go and help the bigger boy get a game going before he completely falls apart. Bye for now.

No comments: