Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dinner time battles.

I don't fully understand why it is that when a boy hits a certain point some time during his third year that he decides that food is irrelevant to survival and would rather just drink milk and eat the occasional Popsicle. But I do know that we went through it with John and now we are going through it with Scott.

Scott is also way more stubborn than John so dinner time turns into a battle of the wills between him and his father. Most dinner conversations go like this lately.

Dad: "Scott, Eat"
Scott: "I can't"
Dad: "Scotty have just 3 bites"
Scott: "I can't"
Dad: "Scott if you don't eat any dinner you are going to have to go straight to bed"

at which point he will usually have a bite of food but only after I have put it on the fork for him. And around and around we go until dinner is finally over. Well the other night we had a change in the dialogue. It went something like this...

Dad: "Scott, Eat"
Scott: "I can't"
Dad: "Scotty have 3 bites"
Scott: "I can't"
Dad: "Scott look you have a bite right there on your fork just pick it up and eat it"
Scott: "Oh yeah, Well you have Bunny Ears"
Dad: speechless
Mom: laughing so hard she about fell out of her chair

This is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. Such a totally random thing to say; as Brent doesn't have bunny ears and his hair doesn't poke up to look like bunny ears either. We don't know where it came from, but needless to say the dinner battle was diffused. Scott did end up eating dinner and Dad couldn't come up with a good comeback to that one; and just sat there laughing with a totally bewildered look on his face.

So this now has become our standard comeback in our house. Yeah, well you have bunny ears.

2 comments:

PinksandBluesGirls said...

That is hilarious!

Kailani said...

Maybe I'll try that line on my daughter tonight at dinner time! LOL!

Kailani
An Island Life