Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I can see the light.

Literally, I can see the light. The sun is coming out from behind the rain clouds and is reflecting off the back fence. Now this isn't such a big deal except it seems like it has been raining forever and I was beginning to wonder if indeed it would ever be sunny again.

Now I know that if I were truly a good little Montanan I would say something about needing the moisture and all that but quite honestly I'm sick of rain. And if you get a whole bunch of rain in the spring and then none the rest of the summer all you get is whole bunch of really long dried up grass that will burn quite nicely the first lighting strike that hits it.

So I'm happy to see the light and am quietly praying that it stays nice for a few days. The Governors Cup race is this coming Saturday and it will be nice to have sunny weather for that. I did manage to sign myself up for the 10k race. Not to sure what a wise choice that was considering my performance in the Race for The Cure, but at least going into this race I will have actually been out running some before the actual race day. Nice little vacation I took, all the while blaming it on weather and the move.

The boys are sick of being cooped up inside and I'm tired of the mess two little boys can make when cooped up inside for a few days. The dog is bored and just wants to go roll in the grass but hates to end up soaking wet and muddy so she just runs out fast then turns around and looks at me like what the heck is this. RAIN! I don't like rain can't you do something about this PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE. Then she comes back inside and fallows me around until I decide where I'm going to be for a few minutes and that is were she will park herself. Needless to say we are all getting one heck of a case of cabin fever.

But we can see the light and soon we will be out soaking up all the Vitamin D we can and hopefully that will carry us through our next rainy patch.

No comments: